Monday, June 14, 2010

love and hate

i love this block!! i told you those little squares were calling!!


Ive decided to keep making the little 4 patches and keep cutting 2 1/2 in nuetral squares (and 6 1/2 inch) Its going to be about 2700 1 1/2 inch squares or 675 little 4 patches.. to make a queen... but... i love love love it.

I hate this block:

The quilt for harley and faith is whimsical and this star isn't whimsical enough and for some reason i HATED hand peicing it, all of those points on the star were just annoying. I will use them somewhere else, but not this quilt. Im going to use the friendship star block instead...

but lots of cutting and marking this weekend. I have a whole stack of little 4 patches, all my hearts are ready for applique and another row of 3 1/2 inch squares for the top or bottom of the quilt. I have more spools cut, a few of the friendship stars... i almost have all of one of them cut and ready to sew!! oh... the butterfly row... i have been trying to draw the butterfly and im not happy with my results! lol... i need them yet.

2 comments:

Bella Linguini said...

Wow! I've never braved hand-piecing blocks. That sounds very intimidating, especially when I have a lack of patience. It looks like you make perfect little stitches!

Tamara Hampton said...

the more i do it... the more "even" they get! im actually surprising myself. the funny thing is im hand stitching because of my lack of patience... my machine is broke and i want to sew!! lol.