Friday, January 14, 2011

finally pictures!!

Well here it is... Birthday Present number 1!! finished only 4 days late!!


you can see its already on our bed, and ralph wasn't too happy that i was taking pictures of it while he was still in bed... but he got over it! I love it! Its out of plaid shirts, most of them were ralphs. Its just the right amount of warm that we can use it year round.

I wasn't creative on the back. The new walmart in Many LA has muslin backing 108X108 for about 15 and i just bought that! The binding is from some pieces that I had sewn together to use on the back, I cut them into strips and used them for binding, and i did cheat and didn't hand stitch the back... i just sewed it.



I finally have pictures of my other recent finish! The quilt from the scraps that someone gave me. It is being donated to the VA hospital in Houston.




Even the backing and binding were in the box of scraps she gave me.


here are some previews of the fun to come:



how fun... little 9 patch out of 1 1/2 in squares!



and a scrappy double irish chain with 2 1/2 inch squares.

No comments: