Saturday, January 14, 2012

Irene Update

I think one of the best parts of quilting is someone telling you how much they appreciate the quilt you gave them. I dont expect people to go gaga at how pretty like i do, or admire the quality, or even respect the time that i put into it. I do like to know they got USE from it and appreciated the gift I gave them.

The quick backstory if you werent reading back then is I started a quilt the weekend Irene hit the east coast and I knew this one was going to be a donation quilt so i called her Irene. I eventually settled on sending it to the fire victims in Texas. It was in the backseat of the truck to be mailed when I gave a woman a ride "home" from our restaurant but her "home" was a van. I ended up giving her the quilt. She needed it.



So... Ralph and I are in the grocery store and im waiting for the manager to get me something from the office, so were kinda just standing there looking stupid when the person I gave Irene to came up to me. She said... "your the lady from Zippy's, right?" (i am called the Zippy Lady or the Pizza Lady daily) I said yes and she asked if I remembered her, I had given her a quilt. Of course I did.

She then told me how much she appreciated it, it was pretty and SO warm and it has been so nice to have on these cold nights we have been having. I told her how glad I was that she was getting use out of it and that she liked it. It was one of those moments where I wish i had said more... but i really didn't say much because i was so touched!!

She left and i just kinda stood there. Thats WHY i make them and it was SO wonderful to have someone tell me that. I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day.

I went to goodwill today and actually spent 9.00 on shirts for fabric for one of the baby quilts im making... but... its time to go home and ill have to tell ya about that another time.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I'm so glad she loves her quilt! That just made me feel great :)