Thursday, September 22, 2011

sewing to reduce stress

I think i mentioned these past two weeks were going to be stressful, well they were, it is... phew but the stress is almost over.

I realized, i do sew to reduce stress! I took apart my sewing room because any day now were going to go get my table... its been driving me crazy that i couldn't work on any projects so today i brought my sewing machine to the dining room table and grabbed my 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 bins and started sewing. I couldn't work on any of the things i SHOULD be working on... so i just sewed....

this mornings creations.


upper corner: Half square triangles from 2 1/2 squares for the ocean waves... loong way to go on this one.

below that: hmmm... not really sure, i am going to call them fugly for now because its 4 patches out of some really ugly late 80's early 90's fabric that was given to me. Do i think i can make something retro out of it... i dunno... gonna do something. I think im going to put them with snowballs with something bright and fun since they are so drab...but then again... there are alot of blacks and darks in there, i could stay dark and make it a "guy" quilt... for now they are my fugly squares

the blue and red 10 pieces and 4 pieces: they are actually sashing, but i haven't decided whats going to go between them, probably stars of some sort from red and blue and yellow.

the little stacks above the stripes: 3 pieces and 4 pieces of 1 1/2" squares for my lovely little windows quilt

the stripe blocks: centers to stars, i know they are different sizes, not sure how im going to do that yet but dont you love the little 16 patch on the top right and the bordered square on the bottom right!

I also put together a denim clutch, which i didn't like and i wont take a picture of... its crooked! I am putting it to good use though, it now has all those computer cords that i have to carry around with my laptop in it.

Hmmm.. just realized what ive done is created a whole bunch of ironing! I hate ironing!!! my ironing space is also piled with fabric till i get my table and dressers in my room, darn... cant iron! lol the messy sewing space is what i should have taken pictures of.

No comments: