I have figured out that the prep table at zippys is the perfect height for rotary cutting! We have to come to town early some days, so i have been bringing shirts with me and cutting them into pieces for something to do. I think the answer to the pile of shirt problem is that if I'm going to cut into one, I'm going to just cut the whole thing up into various sizes. Cutting on the cooking surfaces at zippys, i really don't think it violates any health codes... i did bleach the table afterwards... and i do have to make sure i don't have strings on me when its time to work! no one wants strings in their pizza!
this is one shirt, some 6" squares for 3 different quilts i want to make. 3 1/2" squares for another one i am working on, I always need 2 1/2" squares and I don't think i will ever have enough 1 1/2" squares for the 9 patch and hand piecing one i am working on. The pile on the far right... those are strings, there are two that i want to make with them, and i don't have nearly enough strings yet to start. The wad of scraps at the bottom, that is what I'm putting in the compost pile... i am not saving anything smaller than 1 1/2" square!!
I actually had sewing time this morning. The pastel stripe quilt for Sharon I broke down into 9 - 5X5 sections. I have finished 7 of the sections now... tomorrow morning i should be able to finish the flimsy. I don't think I'm going to put a border on it, if i do it will be very simple, maybe a white or pink border. My goal by the end of the weekend is to finish the borders on Bridgette's postage stamp and piece together the blocks of Wesley's (the match to the latest baby quilt i finished)... then I'm not sure where I'm going from here... i am in pretty good shape to get all 23 finished by Christmas. I have finished 5, just one more step on 2, almost finished the tops of 3, and have over half of the remaining cut out ready to piece!