Monday, November 22, 2010

Before i post the pictures

Let me just say this about it:

It is made entirely from a box of scraps given to me. The person who gave me the scraps makes lap quilts for the VA hospital in houston. So... i made one for her out of them. It was kind of a challenge, i decided to make one entirely out of the box that she gave, binding and all.

It is the first quilt i have finished in 25 years!!! I have started a bunch but never finished them!!

It is the first thing i have machine pieced in about 10 years!!

It is the first item i have ever machine quilted!

It is the first quilt i have made where i made the binding and didn't buy it!!

lol... so needless to say it isn't perfect!!!

I will post pictures later today when i have the camera... im just tickled i finished something and i cant wait to take it to her and give it to her! Im calling it "giving thanks" since its going to the veterans and since i finished so close to thanksgiving!

2 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

That is awesome! I just finished my first quilt ever and it felt great! Way to go!

Cindy said...

I totally understand how you feel.. the first of anything in quilting is a step to bigger and better things.. good for you! I can't wait to see the pictures :)