Saturday, November 13, 2010

a whole box of scraps!

I was at the quilt store in lufkin yesterday. I was talking about the scrap quilts ive been working on and the woman working there gave me a big ole box of scraps! there are several little tiny pieces that i loved loved loved which im putting into the little square quilt im making.

People give her scraps because she makes lap quilts for the American Legion... so im going to make a couple out of them. I started a string quilt today... thats harder than it looks. I really wish i had a camera to take some pics... gonna have to see what i can do to expidite getting a battery!!

I washed bucks quilt for a 2nd time. I am finding holes where i either snipped to close to the seam or the seam ripped. I am going to do the rest with a zig zag stitch. Ive been able to fix all of the holes so far... i hope i dont find too many more!

I am having trouble deciding what is going to go on the back of the big plaid quilt i made for ralph and i. I have some of it pieced but i was planning on a large peice but i dont have alot of large peices! I am going to figure that out tomorrow.

today i work a double.. i have been in soup mode. I made really yummy cream of mushroom yesterday and today ralph and i are making 15 bean soup to sell at the store. Soon it will be time for gumbo! Dont know what else we will make, we like to have a couple choices but i keep selling out of one before i get a 2nd one made!

No comments: