Saturday, November 30, 2013

Finished for my Dad



I finished this last week. I started it 2 years ago cutting 4 inch squares from my left over plaid fabric. I had alot at the time, and not sure what to do with it since I had finished the 4 quilts for the grandbabies... so i cut and cut.... then sewed them into 4 patches.... and it stalled.



Beth at Love, Laugh, Quilt inspired me to get it out again and work on it with an idea for the border. It was waaay to plaid and needed something and she had the answer. So... I just put 3 borders on using the pieces I had... and voila... a plaid quilt for my dad!

(The adorable little girl in the picture is grandbaby Sophie. She was in EVERY picture but the corner one... she LOVES having her picture taken! lol.)


(sorry about the bad pictures, its cold and wet outside and the kids playroom actually was picked up and I had room to lay it out!)

I have not seen my dad in almost 4 years. He doesn't travel any more and I haven't gone up to Michigan. He now has Korsakoff Syndrome which is like alzheimers disease. He sometimes remembers he has a daughter named Tammy, sometimes not.

But he is my other man in plaid... I used to steal his flannel shirts as a teenager... they were so comfy. My dad wore darker plaids than my husband, but I think he will appreciate the plaid quilt!


My sister posted this picture of him yesterday on facebook. Hes 86 now.


I am linking to A Passion for Applique Nothing but UFO's and Finish it Up Fridays

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great - I really like the 3 borders - great solution.

Dar said...

I like that you made your plaid quilt with 4 patches. Those borders were just the thing to set them off. I'm sure your dad will love its snuggle aspect even if he doesn't remember his daughter's name.

Carrie P. said...

I think he will like the quilt a lot.

Jasmine said...

The solid border does add a lot. I am sure he will feel your love when he uses it.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your quilt is lovely! I think your Dad will really like it :)

Lorna McMahon said...

Love the borders! They are a wonderful compliment to the plaids and give a soft spot to rest the eyes. And your grand daughter is sure a sweetie! I just know that your dad will certainly appreciate this lovely gift! Great job!