Thursday, September 26, 2013

Progress again!

It has been a while since I have blogged and linked to Works in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. Mostly because there has not been any progress! lol.

But i am back sewing and with a vengance (posted yesterday about three finishes this week!) I have lots of unfinished projects now though...

First off I have a commissioned quilt that I have to buy the batting for and finish... will post finish pictures on this one. The problem with living in the middle of nowhere is I have to wait till Saturday to go to "town" and  buy it.

Second... I started this little table runner tuesday. I have finished quilting it and now I just need binding...


Ok, I did have a better picture of this quilt, without my stepson and daughter in law's laundry behind it... but my little guy is so cute I had to use this one! It is a baby quilt i started today. I had a bunch of scrap bricks left over from other projects and I saw this quilt in the Connecting Threads catalog (it was a kit you can purchase) I used my scraps (I even had a bunch of the 2 1/2 in white squares already cut) I need to put the orange, yellow and red rows on it.


Then there is this one...It is my orange project and ive been working on it for about 18 months. I finally have a flimsy out of it, its a large queen. I plan to buy the batting saturday as well. I laid this out on my bed for the picture and it is amazing how BRIGHT the room got with it on my bed. Im not sure what im going to do with this one yet.... I did decide tonight that it's name is Cheetos, my grand daughter Alyssa came up to me tonight after eating them and her face and hands were the same colors as my quilt! lol.



These are my works in progress that i expect to finish soon. Here is my complete list of UFO's that i have tucked away in corners

Liberty Quilt- borders and quilting needed
Donation Do the Math - quilting
Home Grown Tomatoes - still piecing
Dallas' Soar - quilting
Donation Strip Quilt - Quilting
Rainbow Strings - still piecing
Vintage Sheet Twin - still piecing
Cotton Dress World - scrapped original idea and im not sure where im going with it
Giant Plaid Quilt - still cutting and sewing I think i need 150 more 4" plaid squares
Giant Stripe Quilt - I keep stealing pieces of it for baby quilts so I think im just going to make it a twin
Pretty Little Windows - still piecing, may take forever
5640 something - still hand piecing 1 in squares. I only work on this when I want to watch a movie in bed

There may be more lurking ... lol

No comments: