Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Work In Progress Wednesday!

I have missed posting WIP Wednesday! But here i am back again. Life has settled down some having survived the holidays and the new years soul searching we have done. I have been sewing. I did put a quilt on etsy yesterday... and sold it yesterday! Wowzer... makes me want to finish my other WIPS!!!!

So first the one that sold in one day. It was a dear friend that bought it. For years my husband Ralph was her farrier (took care of her horses feet). I am so happy that she bought this one because it is him and I rolled up into a tiny quilt that she will use as a table topper. His wardrobe, my work! how perfect.


It is from recycled men's shirts. The back is a piece of flannel that i bought at a yard sale, the binding a bandanna print. I machine quilted it on my home machine.

But what is in progress because it is WIP Wednesday after all!!!

We have a zig zag baby boy quilt that needs to be quilted:



This was also made from recycled men's shirts (I bought all three on one trip and looking at them together i knew they needed to be a quilt of their own!) I have a peice of sheet for the backing ready and i did get enough of the plaid for the binding!

Then the three vintage sheets quilts i started the other day:


This is a baby quilt size from vintage sheets. I love this one... so shabby chic but i guess that is being refered to as "cottage style" now.


Vintage sheet stars.... I just need to finish the borders and it will be a throw sized quilt.

another vintage sheet throw. Did i tell you how the vintage sheet thing happened??? My step daughters mother said she would love to have a quilt out of just old sheets. I started collecting them to make a quilt that looks just like this for her (and i did and she got it for Christmas!) but.... i did fall in love with the sheets and i started buying them... till i had 5 tubs of them... big tubs of them!!! So that is why i now have a etsy store where im selling vintage sheet fat quarters and items i have made from them!! I am adding them as quickly as i can, i have a bunch more yet... but im getting there.

Other WIPS

Commission Quilt: You are My Sunshine for Braylee has been quilted and is ready for binding. I should have that done after this weekend. It turned out wonderful!

I hope yall have a great week... see you next week! For more inspiration be sure to stop by and see Lee's blog and Work in Progress Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Chris said...

What a great way to use old fabrics! All very nice.