Thursday, January 2, 2014

Long Arm Table... for 25.00!!

Ralph and I stopped by my favorite Goodwill today. I haven't been in ages, its in a town about 40 miles away. I only found one shirt to upcycle... we paid for it but on the way out, there was a rack with a great vintage pillow case... I went back inside to buy it but couldn't figure out how much it was so went to the room where they keep their sheets.... and NO WAY!!! there it was... I knew looking at it it was a Grace Quilting Table... It was in pieces... but the sticker was only 24.99!!! I have fit it into my room but it is missing a piece (a pretty important piece) so I'm hoping they still stock them and that it doesn't cost too much!!

I don't have a picture yet cuz its still in pieces... but i will share when its totally assembled. We wrote down our goals the other day and a Grace Table and new machine was on the list. This is a Little Gracie (although i think it has the extensions to do King size quilts. Older model... but at least I will have something to get started on to see if its something i want to have!!

I do have to also apologize... I have been remiss in that I keep forgetting to blog about this:


Isn't it the cutest little zipper pouch???


It was essential when I was doing all those Christmas ornaments and the little flowers for a customer. It is my new hand sewing bag, has my needles, thread, scissors... and a bunch of buttons down there when i feel like throwing one on something.

It was made by Elizabeth from The College Seamstress who is a very talented young lady (I am totally impressed with her clothes making ability!!) She participated in Pay it Forward... she got a towel and potholder and the deal is she had to make three things to pay forward over the next year. What a cool idea! So... I quickly responded and got this. Now I have to make three things in the next year to pay forward... (still thinking about what to pay forward... but I'm excited about the prospect!)

So... Thank  you Elizabeth. It is sitting next to my computer right now, ready to throw my hand sewing projects in and grab as I go out the door.

6 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

What a great find! Can't wait for Gracie's big debut on your blog! Congrats! And cute pouch too.

Lisa said...

I love goodwill! It goes to show you never know what you will find there! Yippee for you!

Missy Shay said...

What a great find and that zipper pouch is very cute!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I love what you put in the zipper pouch. It looks like you're getting great use out of it and it looks so cute with all those sewing supplies in it!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Awesome! My MIL and I had snatched a wood Grace table for nothing by a lady who was going to put it out for trash pickup. She had used it for garage sale signage as well. There were marker notes on it. :) My MIL had to get rid of it though after I left Texas.

Have fun with your new toy!!

Diane said...

Wow, what a find! I used to find vintage machines at my goodwill, but not so much as of late.