Monday, May 27, 2013

Child Free Weekend

Both children were with other relatives this weekend. It was like old times, Ralph and i relaxed.... and i finished projects!


I bought a box of fabric and these 6 blocks were in it. I made them into this table runner during the playing at the orphanage day!


The purple fabric is from scrubs (i am actually planning a quilt of solids from scrubs for my niece who is a nurse.)


I ordered thread from connecting threads.... this yellow is one of the colors i bought. It is very Mardi Gras ish against the purple. (and on my computer the solid is looking royal blue but really it is a deep purple.

I had started the quilting before the donation quilt... yesterday i finished it and put the sunny yellow and orange flower binding on it. awww weee how pretty as alyssa my other 2 yr old granddaughter would say. I think im going to sell this one. I haven't decided. I may keep it for my Mardi Gras decorations!



My pastel and pink 9 patch table topper. I made and finished this one a while back, but just now getting pictures of it. So sweet and dainty!


and a vintage sheet table topper from 2 1/2 in squares. This was also finished a while back but Im just now getting pictures of it to put it up for sale. 

Lets see if i can do some simple goal setting for this week.... i may be over confident since ive been kid free.... but how about i set 4 goals.....

1. quilt and bind the cowhand quilt.

2. Finish piecing the Liberty Quilt top. I need border fabric for it so i may not be able to totally finish it this week... but finish as much as i can.

3. Quilt and bind another table topper or runner that i have started but haven't finished.

4. Put in 6 new listings on etsy (I have about 100 things i can put!)

ok... there lets see how i do!!

No comments: