Saturday, October 12, 2013

easy week

First let me say, i am going to participate in a blog hop. I saw this one and thought this is right up my alley and I definitely have thoughts on making boy quilts (I have a husband, 4 step sons, 2 son in laws and 7 grandsons and I have made all but one of them a quilt now!)

so be sure to check out the great boy ideas in the "For the Boys" blog hop Nov 2-6. Im not sure which day I am going to be posting, but I will let you know when I do.


I had a pretty easy week this week, it rained so Ralph didn't horseshoe alot and the grandkids seem to have settled down and are getting into less trouble. lol... either that or I am letting them get away with more. I still find myself saying things I thought I would never say. I am saying less of "put that away, no one wants to see it" to Tristan (he is a little flasher) and more things like... "sophie what is that you have, why is there a carrot stuck in my plant... no no dont eat the dirty carrot!"

Life is never dull in a house with three generations in it...

I did manage to finish a couple things!

this is called "Rainbow Pie" We have been listening to a Guy Clark tribute cd. "Cold Dog Soup and Rainbow Pie" is one of my favorite Guy Clark tunes... and i couldn't get it out of my head to name it anything else. I have another finish coming soon called "Home Grown Tomatoes" because money cant buy true love or home grown tomatoes. I guess i am as enthusiastic about being wrapped in a quilt as Guy Clark was about eating home grown tomatoes!


ut oh... i lost the good pictures... well for now here it is!

I have decided to participate in TGIFF's October Quest... basically a month of finishes. So... this is the first post hopefully for the rest of the month I will have a bunch more! Be sure to check it out, lots and lots of finishes!


3 comments:

Barb and Sharon said...

Your quilt is lovely and bright.
Barb@Witsend

M-R Charbonneau said...

Yay! I love me some rainbow goodness and your quilt is definitely that! So glad you linked up to TGIFF! and OctoberQuest 2 -- Good luck!

Laura said...

LOVE the rainbows!!! thanks for linking up :)